The project consists of five artworks of famous political figures of the twentieth century, in a modern and provocative interpretation:
1. Mikhail Bakunin, who calls for keeping weapons ready;
2. Felix Dzerzhinsky , who reincarnated as a terminator with the words “I’ll be back”;
3. Leon Trotsky , the “Demon” of the revolution, who calls for himself;
4. Joseph Stalin with iPhone in his hand, watching for you;
5. Vladimir Ilyich Lenin , with "greetings" from the past to future generation.
Artworks were done in mixed technic: most is acrylic on canvas (80x90 cm) .
Artworks were done in mixed technic: most is acrylic on canvas (80x90 cm) .As background I was using old soviet newspapers “Truht” and “Labor” from the 1980-1990 yeas. The paintings were scanned, copied and posted in public areas in the center of Yekaterinburg.
No matter how hard we try to forget and erase the Soviet past, it is here and there, it appears and catches up with us, on the streets, in our homes, in everyday life, like old newspapers sticking out from under brand-new wallpapers on exfoliated corners, this emphasizes the symbolism and makes our life “free”, ”new” and “beautiful”.
Without the past, there is no future, and boldly stepping into a bright tomorrow, we need to do “our” correct conclusions to move forward in the historical development, otherwise at the end, the wind of history will sweep away everything in its path, and we will return to same point from which we ran so desperately.